InvestorsPurfresh Wine is an ag-tech service company for the wine industry, providing ozone technology that improves winemaking, wine quality and saves harvests from smoke taint caused by wildfires.
Purfresh Wine is on Crunchbase
Purfresh Wine is on Gust
Increasing global wildfiresis a consequence of climate change that impacts the viability for wine grapes to be processed. Purfresh Wine's mission is to provide O3 technology that comes to the rescue of vineyards and minimizes the impacts of a volatile world. Our technology also sustainably enhances healthy grapes.
One of the greatest dangers vineyards faceis the risk of "smoke taint" - making wine that has a burnt, ashy or medicinal taste. There is over $420M of damaged smoke tainted grapes globally each year. Vitners are identifying O3 has a key component in disaster recovery.
Challenge and Opportunity
Purfresh Wine Solution
Smoke Taint Removal
– Burnt, ashy or medicinal grape taste
– Financial penalties and reputational risk
– Saves the crop
– Lowers guaiacol & methyguaiacol
– Higher quercetin glycosides & tannis
– Higher polymeric anthocyanin, more stable color
– Advance physiological maturity
Enhanced Wine Quality of Healthy Grapes
– Stuck fermentations
– Field applied sulfur
– Wine Quality
– Avoid stuck fermentations
– Increased content of anthocyanins, tannis, and stilbenes; enhanced taste, color, ripening and stability
– Improved color & fruit forward palate notes
- 25 Purfresh Wine system deployed across California, Oregon, and British Columbia in 2020-2021
- Media coverage in top trade media outlets, including WineBusiness.com
- Significant partnerships
Smoke taint gives wine a burnt, ashy or medicinal taste. This is an expensive problem. There is over $420MM worth of damaged smoke tainted grapes globally each year, and this number is increasing by 8% per year. Purfresh Wine’s system is a key component in disaster recovery for the wine industry.
Five of Purfresh Wine’s customers are in the top ten list for largest wine production companies in the world. Our success has gained critical acclaim as well. We were recently featured in Wine Business Monthly, covered in Napa Valley Register, and showcased on Grape Encounters Radio.
- Rapidly deployable system within days
- Low capital via leasing equipment business model, and existing sensors
- Large demand growth with the rise in environmental disasters due to climate change
- Large opportunity to positively impact wine production process, enhancing healthy grapes
- 2020 Proven capability with established customers/wineries
- 2021 Return Customers and new customers committed
- Establish brand and reputation for smoke mitigation
- Deploy in international markets
- Demonstrate in-region sales growth 1.5X year on year
- Further characterize smoke chemistry improvements
- Advance wine quality & fermentation segment